Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Adventure Begins!

What can I say? I suppose I should start with the fact that I am 43. My son is 21 years old. He does have a girlfriend, but she isn't the one pregnant. I also have a 15 year old daughter . . . Yep . . . she's the one pregnant. Now she's not like some of those teens out there that WANT to get pregnant. She DIDN'T want to get pregnant. But sometimes accidents happen and one did.

I found out this last Sunday. Cassi had been having an upset stomach making her feel nauseous. I didn't think much of it until she threw up three mornings in a row. That's when I said it was time to get  pregnancy test. I bought it and gave it to her. I went to my room and in a few minutes she came in balling her eyes out as she showed me a positive pregnancy test. I was all calm because I was expecting that outcome and I said it was okay and what did she want to do - neither of us wanted her to have an abortion. As a Christian it's not something I would chose and and with her being a Christian it's the same way. I asked if she wanted to give the baby up for adoption and she said she didn't want to do what my birthmom did. I would go into way, but it doesn't serve a purpose. So she chose to keep it. As soon as we talked I said she might want to call Jessica, her youth group leader who she got very close to. Turned out she was already calling her. She just told her that God planned this and not to be afraid. And that she was doing the right thing. The whole Women and Youth Ministry is rallying around her, which has made me incredibly happy. Her friends are supportive and so are my friends. I told her babies are blessing and I mean it. My mother - Great Grandma - freaked out and the woman who told me many times as a teen that she didn't believe in abortion actually expected her to get one . . . Yeah, okay . . . She is not supportive, but isn't saying much now. I also put in a call to her therapist.

Monday - Cassi called around while I was sleeping an organization called CAPS (College Are Pregnancy Services) and made an appointment to go in so that we could find out how far along she was with an ultrasound. I got up and got ready. Truth be told, I was excited about seeing the ultrasound! Okay, let me explain. Though this is NOT the time and place I would have chosen this to happen, I am very excited to be a Grandma! This baby is going to be blessing. I know it. So we went there. They were so nice. They verified her pregnancy and they gave her "What to Expect When You're Expecting." All I said was that I had looked for it at Barnes and Nobel and didn't find it. The receptionist told me to hold on a moment and came out this a fresh new copy! Cassi was in with the counselor. Then it was time for me to go back with her for the ultrasound! And seeing the little baby and the heartbeat was so awesome!! 





I think they liked how excited and supportive I was. I mean, why be upset, you know? Then when we got back I told my sis Nicole and I think I might have told another couple of people. I keep thinking we did something else that day, but I can't remember. Oh wait. I called Cassi's therapist an I called her Psychiatrist to find out about the meds. She also gave me an appointment for Wednesday morning. After all, pregnancy changes everything.

Tuesday - I woke up early because we had to take in Casssi's kitten Ash Cloud in to get fixed and get my bunny Peeti's to get his nails trimmed, Then I started to make phone calls!! Call Welfare, Medi Cal, another call to expedite her switch over to Molina, called OB's, then I called SSI and WIC. Got her an appointment with WIC on the 14th. Yes, Valentine's day. I was so exhausted after all that time on the phone. That was after taking Cassi to school with a pregnancy verification. We talked to the nurse for awhile and her Case Manager. It went really well. That's also when someone blabbed around the school about Cassi's condition. She was pissed at first but in another day, she was over it and is in the whole world can know.

Wednesday - Got  up and took Cassi to her Pdoc appointment. That went well. Cassi had stopped her meds which was a good thing, but with Cassi's moods, the doctor found a medication that is clear for pregnancy and she'll start it when we get it in the mail in a day or to. I think the name of the med was Latuda.  Then after that we went to Welfare and took her pregnancy verification in. Then we even went to Babies R Us to look around, Found the theme she wants - Lion King - Simba and Nala. It's perfect and so cute!

Thursday - Today I had to get Cassi some new shoes. Her others had holes. Definitely time for it. Then when we got home I called a few OB's and got her an appointment for the 15th for her first OB appointment. I'm excited. I also had to do a lot of shopping for the month. I got her several things specifically for Cassi so that she'd eat. The funny thing is I think I am having sympathy pregnancy feelings! LOL! How crazy is that? I'm trying to talk Cassi into posing for side pix of her and her belly. You know, to watch her grow, but she's not wanting to . . . yet! I still have hope! :-)

Anyway, that has been the beginning of the adventure. I also started a special group just for support for Cassi on Facebook. And this is just my record - a record for me and my feels and all kinds of things that go on!!!  Want to be able to share my adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment